This Halloween I'll be going as Harley Quinn, so of course I'll be needing a ridiculously large mallet!
1) I found the parts to make it at a thrift store (metal trash can and wooden curtain rod), and I bought the wooden designed shelf liner at Wal-Mart.
2) The bf used a circle bit to drill out a hole for the curtain rod to fit through.
3) Drill a small hole on top...
4) ...to secure the curtain rod in place.
5) Cut out a thick piece of cardboard and tape to seal up the other end.
6) Saw down your handle (curtain rod) to size (since I'm pretty short I had to take a lot off)
I might amend this post later on to show how to do your lipstick to look like Harley's...