Friday, November 15, 2013

Upcycled Child's Work Bench


Johnny has been asking for a "real work bench like the one you have in the garage Mommy!!" for Christmas, so I decided to make him one out of an out nightstand I found at a Goodwill.




I started by sanding down and painting the nightstand to match my workbench, then the BF and I attached the wooden boards to the sides and as a frame to hold the pegboard (the boards on the front sides are merely for aesthetics) by drilling them with screws. We then attached the pegboard with a staple gun. The vise grip was attached with help from his metal cutter to make a holes with which to screw it onto the bench. The "after" photo isn't the final look though, I think it'll look better once I paint the trim around the drawer pull black but I think I'll leave the wooden boards as is What do you think of this project?

No comments:

Post a Comment