Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Polar Plunge 2014

If you're not familiar with the Virginia Beach Polar Plunge, every February a bunch of crazy Virginians jump into the FREEZING Chesapeake Bay, all to raise money for the Special Olympics. And not just a few crazies, but thousands since its incarnation. There's a beach party, 5k,volleyball tournament, and for the bravest of the brave (or the craziest) there's the actual plunge where you jump into the Bay for donations towards the Special Olympics (silly costumes highly encouraged!).   My friend Genevieve has done it the last 2 years and this year she convinced me to do it, wearing our superhero costumes of course :) You can visit the VA Polar Plunge page here, and if you'd like to you can donate to my page here and look for me at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront in my Captain America dress on February 8 :)


Of course I'll be posting photos of it afterwards :)


(maybe a few extra layers underneath, and minus the heels...) 
 
 
 
*UPDATE*
That water was DAMN COLD (38*)!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment