Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Cream

I like this because it's a fun way to get the kids to enjoy the snow and I don't have to mop up after them stomping around in it all day. And since we rarely get a bunch of snow in Virginia Beach, there's no time like the present to try out this yummy treat.


SNOW CREAM

 
- 4 cups fresh snow or shaved ice
- 1 cup cream or milk (I prefer cream)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
 
In a mixing bowl place about 4 cups of fresh (and CLEAN) snow. Mix the vanilla extract, sugar and milk or cream with the snow (you can even use coconut milk!). You can add more or less sugar  depending on your preference. Add your favorite toppings and serve immediately in bowls.
 
 
Unfortunately the batch was served (and eaten) too immediately so I had to jack this picture from Fox 17.
 
Because it was served too immediately, there wasn't much left for me, so I'll have to resort to some adult fun.
 
 
yay..?
 
 
I wonder if I can use Bailey's Irish Cream to make it more grown up..? Someone try it and let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment