Saturday, March 8, 2014

Butterfly Birthday Cake

I made this cake for my niece on her birthday, it has got to be the easiest template ever.




The sky is the limit when to comes to decorating it! For Gabby's cake, I baked 2x cakes in 9" pans, let them cool and then stacked them on top of each other (separated by chocolate frosting). I cut and arranged them like in the template then covered them with buttercream frosting. I used pre-printed sugar sheets for the designs, and sprinkles and icing for the rest of the decorations. For the butterfly's body I used a marshmallow stick sprayed in food coloring spray, but you can also use a 8-10" candy stick. I held the candle up on the tray by using meting chocolate discs.

Not bad for a first try, huh?
 
 
I'd definitely recommend practicing drawing or cutting out the designs before the actual big day so yours doesn't come out as wonky as mine (but that's what my sister get for having me make it last minute).
 



No comments:

Post a Comment