Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Music Training

My oldest, Johnny, is definitely my mini me, we have the same sense of humor (poop jokes never go out of style!), we both go on long rants about random facts about things nobody knows or cares about (he's pretty astute for a 4yr old [and he can use astute in a sentence properly]) and we are both huge music geeks. Now because we are big into music in my household you can imagine my disappointment one day when I heard him singing Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball".

I made the same face too. NO. NOPE. NEVER.


Must've learned it at daddy's house is my theory. Anyways, I gave Johnny a homework assignment.

He was pretty excited to listen to Mommy's music but made a sad face for the camera because he's a ham.


I sent him to pick out 3 random CD's of mine and he had to listen to them; he ended up picking out Billy Joel - The Complete Collection, The Misfits - American Psycho, and Beastie Boys - License to Ill.
 
Yesterday I heard him banging on his drum set singing "Let Me Go Home". I asked him what he was singing and he proceeds to tell me that it's Let Me Go Home by the Beach Boys, that there used to be 5 Beach Boys in the band but not any more, blah blah blah just talking my ears off with facts about the Beach Boys that no other normal 4yr old would give a rat's ass about... proud music momma moment right there :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment