Sunday, August 10, 2014

Monster Spoiling Week

So I haven't posted anything in awhile, I've been busy getting prepared to go on a year long IA (that's deployment for you civilian types) so I've been really busy with medical and screenings and paperwork and all sorts of other shit to have time to sit down for more than 5 minutes to be crafty. Now since I'm gonna be gone for a year, I obviously had to take some much needed leave to hang out and spoil the monsters crazy before momma leaves, culminating with their combined pre-birthday party since I'll be gone on the actual dates.

The first night we had a cheesey SyFy channel shark movies footie jammie party!


The next day we were supposed to go to the zoo, but we were rained out so we went to Animal Jungle instead.

By Sunday the weather had cleared up so we went to First Landing State Park to do some hiking.



Monday we did some fishing at Stumpy Lake, followed by watching the jets take off and land at the runways at Oceana Naval Air Base.






Tuesday we spent the ENTIRE day at Gator Water Park on JEB Little Creek.



Wednesday we took James to his first professional baseball game at Harbor Park to cheer on our Norfolk Tides! Afterwards we rode the Tide to MacArthur Center Mall to get ice cream before heading home.



Thursday, Johnny "bought" me a lime tree and some hibiscus plants so we did some gardening.



Friday we baked and decorated the house for their birthday party on Saturday! This party was special not just because it was an early shared party, but because in lieu of presents, Johnny had requested that his friends bring in an item for us to bring to his furry friends at Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center.



After our guests went home, we brought the cash and donations over to VBAC&AC to drop off. Thank you to all of our friends who supported our silly idea that it's better to give than to receive!!



I'm spending my second half of leave with the boyfriend, so it'll be awhile before I can get back on here with another post. Until next time, ciao!


*UPDATE: My IA was cancelled and I get to spend more time with my little monsters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment