Tuesday, September 8, 2015

First Day of School Chalkboard Template

Today was the day I've been dreading ever since I first saw those two pink lines six years ago - the day my oldest "baby" goes off to Big Guy school. Even though I'm a tough guy mom I knew I'd be a crying mess seeing him off at the .bus stop, but I also wanted to memorialize this day, but I can't if I'm crying and sobbing.... so like the good planner that I am we did his first day photo shoot the weekend before.
 
http://www.yellowblissroad.com/first-day-of-school-chalkboard/
 
 
You can find free printable chalkboard signs for every school year from Yellow Bliss Road (you can also find last day of school signs here). You can put it in a frame for posing, or like we did, glue it onto a wooden board for a more rustic look.
 
 
 
 
Another good idea is to take a "baseball card stats" photo with whatever you child happens to be into. It'll be interesting for you two to go back through the years and see how much they have changed, especially if they're anything like mine, who can be quite a character!
 
 
I've cropped out his name and school, but you get the idea.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment