Thursday, January 21, 2016

Cat-proof Water Bowl

I love my cat, but God he's such an asshole. I've gone through I don't know how many different kinds of bowls only to come home from work to water all over the kitchen floor and the dog giving me a "It's like he doesn't even care about me being thirsty" look. Yeah, you know what look I mean.

He kept flipping over his round bowls, and I can't use a fountain because besides being ridiculously overpriced, the closest outlets I had to the bowl were being used. A rectangular dish is harder to knock over because of its shape, but how to make it jerk proof?

Start off with a heavy glass or ceramic rectangle baking pan and non slip shelf liner.

Trace out the bottom and hot glue your shelf liner to the bottom. For extra non-slip protection, I hot glued treads to the bottom of the liner too.



UPDATE:

It's now March, and Felix has yet to flip over or spill his new water bowl! Now to keep him from dipping his dirty litter paws into it...


No comments:

Post a Comment